Our Policies and Procedures
At Grace Home Cleaning, we will always do our best for your safety and security, which means we take the time to provide you with in-depth details regarding all of our policies and procedures.
If you have any questions about our policies, we’re here to help! Please contact us at (402) 769-0774.
The Clean Policy:
How to prepare for your home cleaning: Reduce clutter as much as possible for your cleaning technician. If over cluttered there could be a price increase.
The Ideal Setting: The ideal cleaning situation is when no one is home. We understand this is not always possible, so if you are home during your cleaning, we suggest eliminating as many distractions as possible so our professional Home Cleaners can work uninterrupted. By securing pets, keeping children in another area, and trying to stay out of the room the cleaner is in will allow the cleaner to clean more efficiently and in return get through your home quicker.
How do we clean: We train our Professional Home Cleaners with the Speed Cleaning Method. This means we start as far away from the front door, and clean everything top to bottom, left to right; bringing the dirt out of the door. We clean showers, bathtubs, sinks, cooktops, ovens, cabinet faces and flooring up to two times during each visit.
Note: We do not allow our Professional Home Cleaners to use steam mops or ladders higher than a 2 step ladder.
Windows: The only windows that we clean are entry/exit glass doors. We will maintain all your blinds, draping and window sills though! We do not open the windows to get the tracks either. Any exceptions must be approved by contacting our office.
Pets: We love them! But please secure any pets that may be a threat. We do not clean up after sick pets or pet accidents.
Tipping: Tipping is a great way to thank your cleaner for their hard work!! Most of our customers tip between 15% and 25% of the total cleaning fee. We have multiple ways to add a tip but the easiest is to call/text our office at (402) 769-0774 and we can add it for you. You can add it after each individual cleaning via our text tipping service or have it set up automatically for every cleaning.
Payment: Payment is due at the time of service. If we receive two Non-Sufficient Funds checks in 12 months we will require a credit card number for backup payment. If there is a third time you fail to provide timely payment we will have to part ways.
For one time cleans a credit card is required to reserve your scheduled cleaning. A 100% deposit is required to hold your spot, the deposit is credited to your clean at the time of service.
Quality Control: We have 2 Quality Control Managers that perform quality checks on our Professional Home Cleaners, you may see them enter your home at various times, please do not be surprised. Our Quality Managers cannot be everywhere so our quality control system is dependent upon your feedback and communication with us! We want to be sure that if we are missing something in your home that you consider “small” but is keeping you up at night – PLEASE tell us! We want you to be happy after every cleaning.
Employee Safety: Our Professional Home Cleaners safety is our number one concern. The areas to be cleaned must be accessible without excessive cluttered, hazardous conditions.
Due to insurance restrictions if a ladder is needed to clean your home, our cleaners can only use a ladder that is two steps high. To de-cobweb ceilings, ceiling fans and extension duster will be used.
Additional Services: In addition to our standard cleaning, we do offer a variety of additional services that can be added on either one time or to your normal recurring clean. Please contact our office at a minimum of 48 hours prior to your clean.
Launch 27: Our booking system allows our clients to text or email us at any time of day. It also will send reminders about cleanings, allow you to add notes for the cleaners as well as automatically charge your account so you do not have to worry about anything on the day of your cleaning.
5 Star Reviews: We LOVE 5 Star Reviews, if you are completely satisfied with your cleaning service and give GHC a 5 star review on any social media platform (Google, Facebook, Yelp, etc) Grace Home Cleaning will give your cleaner a $15 tip in your name!
No Unfair Solicitation of Employees:
At Grace Home Cleaning we are so proud of our amazing Professional Home Cleaners. We have put a lot of time, money and effort into training the best staff. Unfortunately, some past clients have tried to take advantage of our hard work by trying to “poach” our employees. Please note that our employment contract prohibits employees from accepting private work on the side and from Grace Home Cleaning clients unless Grace Home Cleaning is compensated with a $2,500 finder fee. Please do not solicit our employees for side jobs or direct hire outside of this contract. Not only does this place our employee in an awkward situation, it is unfair to our small business. For all of our recurring clients we require an Unfair Solicitation Agreement signed and on file.
Hot Weather/Cold Weather Policy:
Thermostat: Indoor temperature must also be appropriate for them to work safely. For this reason, be aware that in warm/cool weather, our technicians may set the air conditioning temperature down to 72 degrees Fahrenheit while working in your home; they will reset it to your preferred setting before they leave.
School Closings: When winter conditions are hazardous Grace Home Cleaning will be closed if schools are closed. The only exception to this is if your Professional Home Cleaner does not have children and conditions lighten up we may try to clean your home. Our scheduling department contacts all clients as soon as possible in the morning to inform you if we can or cannot clean your home. If we need to reschedule/skip your cleaning due to snow there is no charge to you.
Snow removal and Ice: From fall to spring in Nebraska snow and ice are always a hazard. Please ensure driveways and walkways are clear and rid of ice so our Professional Home Cleaner can enter your home safely for them and their cleaning supplies.
Happiness Guarantee Policy:
We want you to be delighted with our cleaning service. If you are dissatisfied with any of our cleaning services please contact us right away to make it right. We will first assess the situation to make sure we understand the concern, then will re-clean the problem area at no cost to you. The re-clean will be completed within two business days following your initial date of service, otherwise it will be considered denied. Refunds are not offered prior to a Re-Clean being accepted. No refund will be offered if a Re-Clean is denied.
It is bound to happen. We hate it when it does and we do our best to prevent it. To help us prevent this, the following is critical communication regarding our breakage policies:
- Sometimes breakage occurs when there are “booby traps.” Those are accidents waiting to happen (pictures not hung securely, top heavy items with unstable bases, wobbly, tippy objects, etc). Though each incident is reviewed on a case by case basis, we cannot take responsibility for “booby traps.” Please remove unstable breakables to a place we do not clean. We do not clean inside China cabinets, or clear wet bar shelves.
- We will pay up to $50 per breakage item, when value is verifiable. Please move expensive figurines or glassware to a location we do not clean, or have us skip that area completely if you do not wish to accept the risk!!
- In some cases, we will have the broken item repaired by a professional restoration company. Breakage values over $25 must be verified before replacement or reimbursement will be authorized.
- Please save the broken item for our inspection.
- All breakages must be reported within 48 hours of your cleaning.
Services We Do Not Offer:
We specialize in cleaning your home effectively and efficiently and we offer a wide array of cleaning services to suit many different needs. However, we do not do any of the following:
- We do not move furniture.
- Dish washing. If there are dishes in the sink, we will work around them to clean the sink, but if there are too many dirty dishes, we will not be able to clean the sink.
- Cleaning extremely cluttered rooms or homes. Our Professional Home Cleaners must be able to move freely and safely throughout your home with tools and supplies.
- If a ladder is needed to clean your home, our cleaners can only use a ladder that is two steps high.
- Cleaning the inside of laundry appliances, dishwashers.
- Television screens, monitor screens, computer screens, garages, steam cleaning, or carpet cleaning.
- Areas of disrepair, or heavy soiled areas, including rooms homes with extreme dirt build up, mold mildew, peeling paint, or other unsafe conditions.
- Cleaning in areas that are unsafe and difficult to access.
- Cleaning of bodily fluids, mold, pet waste, or other bio hazards except for an ordinary level of bathroom cleaning
- We do not do laundry. If we are changing your dirty sheets, we will bring them down to the laundry room for you.
- Shopping or errands outside of the home.
- Cleaning inside China hutch with items, stocked cabinets, stocked closets, stocked refrigerators or drawers.
- Cleaning behind glass or solid doors on shelving units or furniture.
- Organizing items or picking up clutter, which is defined as ten or more items in any given area, such as books, dishes, boxes, mail, papers, clothes, or trash that is not in a trash receptacle.
- Washing windows. If smudges on lower windows from pets or children, must be pre-approved by contacting our office, must be in work order.
- Cleaning of extreme hard-water or mineral stains or build up we cannot remove these issues only wash with our standard equipment and supplies.
COVID-19 and Flu Procedures Policy:
It is a privilege to clean your home and Grace Home Cleaning takes health and safety very seriously at all times. We have implemented several new procedures to help protect our clients and employees during the current public health emergency:
- We keep up to date on the CDC requirements and precautions.
- Or cleaning technicians will bring a face mask and wear it anytime a client requests.
- We ask that each cleaning technician should have at least 6 feet personal space at all times. If you will be in your home while our technicians are working, please help protect everyone’s health by remaining at a safe distance.
- Always, our cleaning towels are washed before use in your home, and are thoroughly washed prior to being used again.
- No employee that is sick or has any flu-like symptoms is allowed to work.
- We do NOT monitor the vaccination status of our clients or employees.
Pricing and Payment Policies:
Changes from original quote: We offer upfront price estimates before we enter your home, based on what you tell us about the size of your home and the cleaning service selected. We reserve the right to change the quoted pricing, including any applicable discounts or increases if the actual size or circumstances of your home are not as described, or if the booking options selected are incorrect.
We reserve the right to require photos of the areas of your home prior to cleaning to access the work needed and to ensure pricing is correct.
Rate Increases: We reserve the right to raise our prices to adjust for costs, we will always give our clients advance notice of any price increases.
We use zillow.com or realtor.com to determine the square footage of your home. If it’s a new home and not listed on Zillow or Realtor our Sales Professionals will work with you to determine the square footage of your home.
One time cleanings and first time cleanings: We require a 100% non refundable deposit at time of scheduling your cleaning to reserve your cleaning time slot. This will be charged when your first visit is scheduled and will be applied to your cleaning. In the event you cancel the service after it is scheduled, we retain the full deposit. Credit card required, no exceptions.
Unsafe Condition: Prior to our Professional Home Cleaner beginning their job of cleaning your home they perform a walk through of the areas being cleaned of your home. If any unsafe condition is found and they need to exit your home until there is resolution to the condition the Cleaner’s time is counted towards the work order time. No refunds no exception.
Rescheduling/Canceling/Skipping a Service Policy:
To reschedule your cleaning appointment please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text Grace Home Cleaning at (402) 769-0774 during business hours (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. excluding weekends).
If service appointment is rescheduled/canceled/skipped less than 48 to 24 hours in advance, a cancellation fee of 50% of your scheduled service cost will be charged. If it is less than 24 hours there is a cancellation fee of 100%.
If you are a Weekly client and would like to skip the week of your scheduled service, your next scheduled cleaning will be at the Bi-Weekly rate. And if you are a bi-weekly client your next cleaning will be charged at a monthly rate. Monthly clients will be a 50% increase for your next cleaning. After that, your recurring services will go back to your original rate (depending on how many weeks you skip). We must adhere strictly to this policy to prevent lost wages for your Cleaning Professional(s).
24 hour or less Reschedule/Cancellation/Skip Or Lock-Out Fee:
If you reschedule/cancel/skip 24 hours or less or if your Cleaning Professional is unable to enter the property, there will be a cancellation fee of 100% of your scheduled service cost. We must adhere strictly to this policy to prevent lost wages for your Cleaning Professional(s).
If you reschedule/cancel/skip more than 2 times in a year we will be forced to give your time slot to another client that is on our standby list.
Delay in Access:
If you insist on a specific time, please be advised that if our scheduling does have any down/wait time that we will try our best to work with you to meet your needs. We may need to charge you an additional fee to cover the time that employees are asked to wait before accessing your home or place of business.
50% of all cancellation fees go directly to the assigned Cleaning Professional(s).
If you would like to reschedule/cancel/skip your cleaning during a holiday week we will require a 2 week notice prior to your cleaning, if it is less than 2 weeks there will be a cancellation fee of 50% of your scheduled service cost. Less than 24 hours there will be a 100% of your scheduled service cost.